Sous Chef for Poderi Crisci
The company prides itself on providing a high quality range of Italian dining options to its clientele. Poderi Crisci is an established leading Italian restaurant on Waiheke Island that has been making waves on the local scene for the past 8 years, becoming well regarded amongst both locals and visitors for providing excellence in Italian cuisine, great service and a relaxed environment. We carry out most of the vineyard work by hand. Our focus is on quality above all else.
Poderi Crisci producing superb, country-style fare with a menu prepared daily with produce fresh from its own kitchen gardens.
The focus is on quality, in terms of both ingredients and finished product, so this role demands Italian experience, passion and commitment. We seek an Executive Sous Chef to work in the restaurant.
In this role, your key duties will include…
Reporting to the Executive Chef and the Head Chef, you are tasked with:
• To assist in organising assigned sections and ensure it runs efficiently and productively.
• Oversee and train of junior staff members.
• Be Responsible for the daily cleanliness of all Kitchen wet and dry areas
• Maintain Organization of Main Fridge, freezer, storeroom and staff room
• End of shift procedures to be fulfilled under your guidance.
• Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards.
• Prepare and cook all food orders with a sense of urgency.
• Check that all sections are ready before service
• Check all food is stored and handled as per current food health and hygiene regulations.
• Ensure yours, and other work areas, equipment and sections are kept clean at all times, in accordance with current health & hygiene regulations.
• Ensure that kitchen's food stock and dry goods storage areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness, hygiene, quality and order
• Maintain correct stock levels and prepare monthly stock taking on the 1st day of each month.
• Monitor daily kitchen food and product requirements, and order these well in advance.
• Assist in monitoring food and operational costs and control these through effective food management.
• Conduct and/or attend training and development sessions with as instructed by the Head and Executive Chef.
• Work together with peers and management to meet the goals of the department/restaurant.
• Contribute to cost control through energy conservation and the correct use of all food and appliances.
• Be punctual and groomed in accordance with Poderi Crisci Restaurant policy. To be at your workstation as per your rostered time.
• Ensure all required tasks are completed on time, and within the given time frames.
• Any other reasonable duties as required by the Head Chef or management.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Creative flair
• Ahead of industry trends
• An extensive knowledge of Italian food and culture
• Previous Head or Senior Sous Restaurant experience
• Administrative skills, ordering stock control, cost management
• Well-developed hands-on team leadership skills
• A passion for modern, relevant cuisine with international repertoire
• A driven and dedicated approach to your career
• A desire to succeed, grow and develop further
This role offers a competitive base salary, a performance related bonus and career development.
This position will suit someone who is willing to relocate to Waiheke Island.
Please ensure you meet the above criteria before applying and only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
Applicants must have previous Italian food experience and be able to work in a team. If this sounds like you please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questo spazio è dedicato a chi cerca risorse professionali qualificate così come collaboratori stagionali e apprendisti in ambito eno-gastronomico. Questo è un forum moderato. Il moderatore è gambero_parlante.
1 messaggio • Pagina 1 di 1